From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building an array

Can anyone help me build an array from this vi?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,769 Views)
Of course! 🙂

However, you should tell us what kind of array you want.

• Do you simply want a subset of the orange 2D array? (e.g. column 6, row 2-18)
  • Do you want to built a size 16 integer array in the FOR loop?
  • Why does the While loop need to run 4x, there is really nothing new to do after the first iteration?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,758 Views)
Ok so this is what I need to accomplish. The while loop needs to actually go to the end of the file getting only every nth element and put it into a one dimensional array.  I just need to know how to get it into the array.

Thanks,

L.A.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,733 Views)

Sorry, still not clear. 😉

You are reading a 2D array, so every n'th element is not a defined operation. Do you want every n'th row perhaps?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,718 Views)
Ok let me try and clarifySmiley Wink I have an n X n array and I am taking the 6th column and the nth row of that column, then the nth row after that, and so on. I then want to make an array with one column and as many rows as I acquire by picking off the nth rows of the first array. Hope that makes sense. If not I can try again. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,710 Views)
Sure, here's a quick draft.

(Most likely, you need to tweak it for your exact requirements. It is e.g. not clear if you want to start with element 0 or n, etc. Nothing a "+1" or "-1" here and there could not fix. :))
Message 6 of 7
(2,699 Views)
Thanks. That helped completely. where would I be without you LabVIEW Champions?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,690 Views)