LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Macro

Hello, I am using Labview 7.0.    I am trying to use Excel Macro.vi, & everything works OK, except I do not have a project.xls file with the GraphData macro attached.  I am wondering where I would find this, or if someone happened to have the file/macro that they would be willing to share.

Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,811 Views)
Edit:  I have attached the example VI that I referred to in the first post.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,805 Views)
Hi Heepofeja,

where did you get this VI-set. Not at NI I think they don't look like one of them. So you should start looking at the source of the VI's

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,791 Views)
heepofajeep

The project.xls is normally stored at ...\examples\comm directory of your labview installation. I don't have LV7.0 on this machine so I can't verify for sure. Can you see Excel Macro Example.vi listed in the NI Example Finder? If you can run it and it works as expected then the project.xls is in the examples\comm directory.

@Ton: If you setup your vi search path to include the examples directory the vi posted should load up fine on your machine.

Hope this helps

David
Message 4 of 12
(3,782 Views)

@David Crawford wrote:
heepofajeep

The project.xls is normally stored at ...\examples\comm directory of your labview installation. I don't have LV7.0 on this machine so I can't verify for sure. Can you see Excel Macro Example.vi listed in the NI Example Finder? If you can run it and it works as expected then the project.xls is in the examples\comm directory.

@Ton: If you setup your vi search path to include the examples directory the vi posted should load up fine on your machine.

Hope this helps

David

I will see if it is located under the comm directory.  I tried the example vi that you are refering to, but it did not work.

Message 5 of 12
(3,771 Views)
For a minute I thought that it might have been your macro security set to very high but the example still works. Then I had a thought...

Do you have Excel installed on the machine where labview is installed? It won't work otherwise.

David
Message 6 of 12
(3,766 Views)

I think I know what your problem might be.

It says this in the VI description "Before running this example, make sure that project.xls is in the same directory as this VI"

Have you prevously opened the example and done a File -> Save As to a new file location so that you could work on a new file using the example as a baseline? The project.xls needs to be in the same location as the new file that you saved.

Also, watch out. There is a chance that you have updated the orginal ExcelExamples.llb if you didn't check Save a copy with updating callers, closed the Excel Macro Example.vi then opened up the new file in memory from its new location.

David

Message 7 of 12
(3,765 Views)

And another thing. I can see that you are asking excel related questions in other threads. Have you seen the Excel Board thread here

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=2391

There are examples there and would hopefully help you with all your excel questions.

David

Message 8 of 12
(3,763 Views)

@David Crawford wrote:

I think I know what your problem might be.

It says this in the VI description "Before running this example, make sure that project.xls is in the same directory as this VI"

Have you prevously opened the example and done a File -> Save As to a new file location so that you could work on a new file using the example as a baseline? The project.xls needs to be in the same location as the new file that you saved.

Also, watch out. There is a chance that you have updated the orginal ExcelExamples.llb if you didn't check Save a copy with updating callers, closed the Excel Macro Example.vi then opened up the new file in memory from its new location.

David

All the obvious is done [office 2003 is working & running], I know exactly what it says about where to put project.xls.  The problem is I do NOT have the project.xls file ANYWHERE on my hard drive. 

I will check out the excel thread when I get a chance-- thank you! 
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,746 Views)
That is certainly weird because I think that example + project.xls have been shipped with labview since 6.1 if my memory is correct.

I wonder if a Repair of your labview installation will do the trick?

David
Message 10 of 12
(3,741 Views)