cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building an array with auto indexing

Hello everyone,

I have a problem and I'm hoping you can help me

Heres what I want to implement:

I have an array containing data (1d array) within a flat sequence. in the first frame I empty the array, in the 2nd I write new values into it, in the 3rd I write the values in my .csv file and then the sequence starts all over again.

so what I want to do is to create an array that adds a new row for each iteration of the sequence and save the new data in the array so I get one big array containing all the values.

I tried build array with auto indexing but I just can't seem to make it work because my input would be the value array (so only one input) and for the output i would expect an array with x rows 

I'm grateful for every answer !! 

Thanks, A

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,662 Views)

Hi AB,

so you tried something in your VI and you failed in getting the desired result: I guess the problem is in your VI and you need to debug it!

(Mind to attach your VI so we can provide more detailed answers/suggestions?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,647 Views)
Hi Gerd,

attaching a VI would be nice, but we already asked for that at LabVIEWforum.de without success.
https://www.labviewforum.de/Thread-Mittelwert-in-Excel

Regards, Jens
Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,644 Views)

@JensG69 wrote:
Hi Gerd,

attaching a VI would be nice, but we already asked for that at LabVIEWforum.de without success.
https://www.labviewforum.de/Thread-Mittelwert-in-Excel

Regards, Jens

But most people on this forum don't speak German and would never be on the German forum to see your past message or even know it existed.  So to have success on this forum, you should attach the VI rather point to someplace else most of us can't read!

There are far more English speaking users of LabVIEW than German speakers, so I expect you'll find success here.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,615 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

"ares" aka "a.b" wasn't able (or willing) to share a VI also in the German board.

We already had a long discussion without result until now…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 13
(2,604 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi RavensFan,

"ares" aka "a.b" wasn't able (or willing) to share a VI also in the German board.

We already had a long discussion without result until now…

Yes, it would have been nice if the OP had learned at least that (ie to share a VI) from the last discussion. Smiley Sad

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,597 Views)

this LabVIEW Project is confidential. I thought a forum is there to help someone and if you are not willing to help because I'm not posting the vi then don't comment and judge my decision.

I got this project few months ago and I'm a newbie in this language, also I'm just looking for an example of how to put an array like this together. I know my vi works, so no need to debug.

Regards, Ares

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,591 Views)

Hi a.b aka ares,

if you are not willing to help because I'm not posting the vi then don't comment and judge my decision.

We are willing to provide help - but you aren't willing to provide an example VI demonstrating your problem!

We don't expect to share your confidential work - all we ask for (and always have been) is to provide an example VI!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 8 of 13
(2,578 Views)

I'm sorry for the message above, but this is what I'm trying to do but when running this vi it always overwrites the first row but what I want is that it adds another row for each iteration

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,576 Views)

Hi Ares,

when running this vi it always overwrites the first row but what I want is that it adds another row for each iteration

- you are using too many local variables, use wire(s) instead

- you are using too many sequence frames, use DATAFLOW instead

- to store an array for next iteration you should use a shift register

Even now you aren't providing an example VI, all we get is an image. (These are rather hard to debug/edit with LabVIEW…)

The code in your image creates a 1D array named "Array", consisting of 10 elements, in the first frame.

In the 2nd frame you create a 2D array, with 10 rows and one element per row. This doesn't fit to your problem description!

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 10 of 13
(2,571 Views)