LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

builder problems with .NET constructor node

Hi all,

I'm using a .dll function by means of the .NET constructor node. Everything works fine but the executable version, since it only works locally on my computer.

The .dll file is associated with other ones. I place all them and call them in/from the program folder. Also when doing the exe version I place all them (the main .dll is already placed by LabView), but then the created program only works if it is in my local machine (not in the network drives neither other PCs).

Ì've seen some posts talking about an option in Tools->Advanced->.NET Assembly References, but that is not present in my program (LV8.2 Professional Development System)

Any tip?

Thanks in advance!

Gatet
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,924 Views)

I've also noticed that sometimes, when I access the constructor node, the next error message appears:

The version of the assembly you requested was automatically promoted to a later version by the .NET runtime engine.

(no idea what does that mean...)

By the way, i already checken .NET version to be the same in all computers (I'm running 2.0)

Cheers,

Gatet

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,923 Views)
Any help?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,909 Views)

Is the dll you are accessing custom?

LabView 8.2 supports relative paths for .NET assemblies, therefore you no longer need to place them in the folder structure where the main VI resides.

It is important that you do not make copies of any dll's from the Windows system directory as this can cause issues with dll dependancy.

Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
Message 4 of 7
(2,899 Views)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your answer.

I don't know about the .dll characteristic, it's the first time I use them with LabView (and hopefully the last! Smiley Wink  ).

BR,

Gabi

Mensaje editado por Gatet

Mensaje editado por Gatet

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,896 Views)

you can attach your code or the dll to your post here, the forum will not allow .dll to be posted but you can zip the functions together and attach them to the post.

This will give you access to feedback from all of the experts in the forum rather than just one.

Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,887 Views)
Hi Andrew,

the reason has to see with privacity policy, but thanks for your info.

Gatet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,883 Views)