LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build specification problem

Hi

I am trying to make a stand alone application for my code. I am using Labview 8.6 Professional Development System includes the Application Builder. Until now I used this for making lots of stand alone application without any problem. 

but for my current code although  there is any error reported during build specification procedure, exe file is created without any success so when in build specification procedure i create exe file , it will be created as an icon but won't be run . it is worthy to mention that in my code I have used global variable and I have a Data acquisition code which use some llb file prepared by Advantech company.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,925 Views)

@farashi wrote:

but for my current code although  there is any error reported during build specification procedure, exe file is created without any success so when in build specification procedure i create exe file , it will be created as an icon but won't be run .

This is far from clear to me Smiley Sad

Do you or don't you end up with an EXE file?

If yes, can it run on your machine? I would expect it to run on your machine since you have all controls, llb, ... ... on that machine.

Do you try to run it on another machine? Then you need to build an installer and include all 3th party controls, llb, ... ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,916 Views)

Your description to me is not clear as well.  If the .exe is built, what error if any are you getting when you execute it?  It sound like the build was successful, it created the .exe, but it won't run.  Is this right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,906 Views)

Hi

indeed when I try to build an installer there is no problem in creating exe file as it will be appeared below the build specification but when i want run the exe file an error is replicated by labview. please notice below image:

untitled.JPG 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,897 Views)

And what exactly is that pic supposed to demonstrate?  What error are you getting?  This would be most helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,883 Views)

And what exactly is that pic supposed to demonstrate?  What error are you getting?  This would be most helpful.

Edit:  Double posted.  A little mouse trigger happy.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,882 Views)

This picture shows that exe file (or maybe an icon of that) is created but don't run when i try to test it. so after i build stand alone application (there is no error reported during build specification procedure) ,when i install it, and click on the icon to start, an error is reported by windows (something like "Labview encountered with an error")!   

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,872 Views)

Sorry, I must have missed it before, that you are trying to make a stand-alone application.  I don't see an installer in your project explorer window.  Have you built one?  You must have an installer with the run-time engine included to run on a PC stand-alone.

@farashi wrote:

,when i install it, and click on the icon to start, an error is reported by windows (something like "Labview encountered with an error")!   

What do you mean "when you install it?"  As I said, you don't appear to have an installer built in your project.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,861 Views)

Hi

after curropted exe file is created i build an installer to(that is not mentioned in picture) but my problem is with exe file that i think it may be the problem sourse. in fact my created exe file don't work exactly. Are global variables i have used 

are responsible for this problem? can the dlls that have been called in my data acquisition be the cause of problem?

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,854 Views)

Did you try to run the EXE file by clicking on it?

So after you closed all LV windows.

I never used the "run" as you showed to run an exe file build by the builder 😞

Also please be clear on which machine you want to run that EXE file: a) on the machine where you devlopped the code or b) on another one?

In case a it should work, in case b you should first make an installer as already said by MoReese and me.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,851 Views)