From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffer problem?

Insert Time Delay.PNG

I'd recommend adding a Time Delay between your VISA Write and your VISA Read.

Unless you've a got a really slow instrument, I'd say 500 ms is probably plenty.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 48
(1,032 Views)

so we tried a delay, wait, and timeout and the visa read still gives the problem. the write always sends it but the read sometimes doesn't respond. for the latest one we put a timeout of 30 sec. 

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 48
(1,022 Views)

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3960

if you can send a screen shot of this program (write, read) or have it compatible for labview 7 that would be great!

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 48
(1,019 Views)

Ugly front panel.  Replaced a stacked sequence with a flat sequence so that you can see all the frames then cleaned up.

Lack of error wires on some GPIB functions would cause a race condition.

Bad spelling.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 48
(1,016 Views)

i was just wondering what the "pulse time" setting was ? 

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 48
(997 Views)

nevermind! just saw it on the front panel thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 48
(996 Views)

are they reading any data for this program?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 48
(993 Views)

I'm having a similar problem with a Scilogex stir plate.  I am running a program to check the stir speed on the stir plate at given intervals.  Whatever interval I use, the program runs 40-150 times and then gives a timeout error, and the only way I know to fix it is to turn off and back on the stir plate.  I have the 50 ms delay suggested by Scilogex. Did you ever figure out what was causing the timeouts at random intervals?

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 48
(814 Views)