LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buffer problem?

hello, 

we made a simple program that only reads the voltage and we are still getting the same error as our larger program,

if anyone can help that would be great. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 48
(1,266 Views)

Simple programs that show the same behavior are great because they should be easier to debug.

Can you post the simplified program?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48
(1,254 Views)

When you are saying that you are runing LabVIEW 7.0 on a 64-bit pc, what are the operating system ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 48
(1,249 Views)

we are using windows xp and also here is our simple program! sorry i thought i posted it. it works for a while but then times out so we're assuming it's because it's the buffer ? but we're not sure how to clear the buffer.

as well, our hot plate program simply times out and gives 0 at random intervals, buffer problem as well?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48
(1,211 Views)

Hello jabano,

Unfortunately, WindowsXP 64bit is not currently supported by LabVIEW (any version). A chart with all the Windows/LabVIEW compatibilities can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB?OpenDocument. Do you have any other operating systems accessible to run this application on?

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48
(1,200 Views)

Oh wow, thank you so much so we can use windows 98 through ME for labview 7.0 then? 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 48
(1,191 Views)

Hi jabano,

Sorry that previous link was broken, try this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B972242574D4BB99862575A7007520CB (Search ni.com/support for Windows Version Compatibility with LabVIEW). Referencing the chart, LabVIEW 7.0 should work just fine on Windows 98 and ME. Please give an update on how the applications works when you re-test it.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48
(1,183 Views)

Hello,

Sorry it was in fact a 32 bit OS. 

Have you encountered situations where an instrument would time out at different intervals? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48
(1,170 Views)

I'm taking a bit of a shot in the dark here but the Command Handbook for the 263A says that you can get an error if the READE or READI command is sent while a curve is in process.

This error would not be reported over VISA, you'd have to query for it using the ERR command.

It's probably good practice for this instrument to do an ERR query immediately after any critical read operation.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 48
(1,157 Views)

For the potentiostat, i used longer delays and it seems to stop mixing data, so I hope this works. 

For the hotplate program, it tends to time out after the 6 byte visa read of case structure 2, how could i prevent this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 48
(1,142 Views)