From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broken wire

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everyone

i am beginner in Labview and i am trying to connect this two vi  , but to no avail

Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem i will be so grateful Heart

sad.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,545 Views)

The tooltip explains exactly what the problem is.  The output of the FFT function does not match the expected input of the peak detect function.  More specifically, the FFT function output is a cluster of values (frequency domain) similar in structure to, but not the same as, a waveform.  The peak detect function operates on a (time domain) waveform.  You can't wire the two together.  You can, however, tie the peak detect to the waveform wire you already have just above that function, but I suspect you weren't looking for a time domain peak.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,494 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author anoir1993

Here's a way to convert your freq domain info into a waveform datatype.  It's kinda ugly but will probably get you started. You may need to experiment a bit to discover exactly how scaling of inputs and outputs (such as width and derivatives) is affected by this attempt to trick the peak detector into operating on freq domain data.

- Kevin P

freq cluster to waveform.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 4
(2,486 Views)

it's working thanks a lotHeart

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,455 Views)