LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth labview connection with robot arm

i used labview and manage to get the program to control the robotic arm which is powered by epos driver to move but i want to make it a wireless connection between the arm and my computer, what i was thinking is by connecting the epos driver usb type b port to an arduino uno usb type b port and connect a bluetooth transceiver to it for it to work with labview wirelessly but am unsure if i am able to do this. hopefully someone can guide me on the connections and codes for arduino as i am really new to this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,987 Views)

I would recommend using the HC-05 or HC-06 series bluetooth module on the robotic arm and use any USB BT adaptor or your computer's built in one.

When you pair an HC-05 or 06 to your computer it will install a virtual com port and from that point on communicating with your robot arm or any serial device over the BT connection for that matter is identical to communicating to the same device connected directly to a com port.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,959 Views)

so i just have to connect the HC-05 to the arduino board and the epos diver usb to the arduino board usb port right? but how about the codes for arduino do i need to initialize the usb port if its even possible or just initialize the ports i use for the HC-05. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,947 Views)

@bernardq wrote:

so i just have to connect the HC-05 to the arduino board and the epos diver usb to the arduino board usb port right? but how about the codes for arduino do i need to initialize the usb port if its even possible or just initialize the ports i use for the HC-05. 

Yes just connect the HC-05 to the Arduino Rx and Tx, no code necessary on the Arduino beyond the standard Arduino serial read and writes. As I said before once the HC-05 is BT-paired with your computer it will install a virtual com port and any device connected to is will appear the same as a device connected to any other com port.

Again once it is paired then you initialize the virtual com port the same was you initialize any other com port (VISA Configure Serial Port)

One more thing, you will have to configure the HC-05 for the mode and baud rate you want before you can use it. Here's a good source for information on the HC-05

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,940 Views)