From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

big block diagram as image

Hi,
I want to save a labview block diagram as an image and then convert it to PDF . The problem that arises is that the converted figures makes icons and accompanying text so small that it is hard to read. The problem is with the size of the labview block diagram.
I want to know is there any way that I can save block diagram such that it is converted into to two sub figures in some connected form . This way I hope its readability will be improved. I mean when we print window of a labview code block diagram it can divide the entrie code into several windows and print them individually. Can I do the same and save the big block diagram as set of tow or more small pictures connected in series.
Thanks,
AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,280 Views)
Maybe this might help you take a picture of your code.
Jeff

Using Labview 7 Express
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,271 Views)

Hi

The attached code  I used five years ago using PCI 6251 to perform undersampling. I tried to use this code on NI DAQCard-6036E, but got errors. The error  is' The device does not support operation from Ctr1 to PFI0. I don't have any PCI boards anymore. I only have NI DAQCard-6036E, and I want to use the attached code for one of my applications.

I checked the specification of  NI DAQCard-6036E, and found that this card has two counter functions and multiple AI channels and two AO channels.  I am wondering  where the problem is. I am also bit rusty with my Labview programming now. I have not used Labview in past 4 years. I would appreciate if you can just modify that attach code for

NI DAQCard-6036E if  possible. I would appreciate it.

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,906 Views)

First, search for an answer.

If you can't find one, start a new thread.

(2,881 Views)

Hello DSPGUY1,

It seems that since you changed devices on your machine that you may be referencing the wrong device name for your physical channels. Change your physical channels and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,856 Views)

I did not change device on machine rather I am at a new job at a different location, and I have only DAQ 6036 E to use. I want to use my old code that was written for PCI 6052. I get error' Device does not support...' . What I understand that DAQ 6036E does not support routing clock sample from CTR1 to PFI0 or PFI1--PFI5.

If there is another way to route the sample clock that is generated by counting down the master clock, please let me know. I would be highly appreciative if you can modify that code  for DAQ6036E , if possible.

Regards,

AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,823 Views)

Hello DSPGUY1,

I ran your code with a simulated DAQCard 6036E and here are the settings that worked for me:

1. AO sample clock output terminal: DAQCard 6036E-- PFI5

2. AO Channels: DAQCard 6036E-- ao0

3. Counter for Carrier Gen: DAQCard 6036E -- ctr1

4. Counter for samp Clock: DAQCard 6036E -- ctr0

5. AI Channels: DAQCard 6036E -- ai0

Regards,

Jeff L.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,818 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your quick response. I run the code using the setting you suggested.

The code runs but then get stuck at DAQmx Read vi. It does not stop and give me an error.

I tried first to use PFI 5 as a direct route that I think mean I need not to physically connect the CTR0 output to the PFI 5 rather it would be internally enrouted. Then I physically connected CTR0 output to PFI 5 but the result remained the same. I would appreciate if you can further direct me how to make my device work with the existing code.

Regards,

AM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,807 Views)

Hi DSPGUY1,

When you use the DAQmx Export Signal VI, no external wiring is needed to make that signal go to the specified termial. On the other hand, it would be very helpful if you could tell us what error are you getting when you run your code.

Kind Regards

Carlos O

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,773 Views)