LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginner

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am atempting to connect up my Basler camera to Vision aquisition for the first time. I can get an image on the pylon viewer. However when i launch my MAX it does not pick up the camera. I am using a network connection to connect from camera to laptop. It has to exist in Device manager before it will recognise the camera in IMAX. How do i get the camera to appear in device manager?

My first week with labview so its all very new to me. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,928 Views)

I don't have an answer for you, but just a comment: Please use a descriptive title for your posts. Your other message in the Instrument Control Board was also called "beginner". When people search for posts this is important. Be considerate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,915 Views)

Okay will do. sorry about that. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,904 Views)

Hi Damien,

Could you please provide the model of the IP camera, and the versions of the software you are using (Vision Acquisition Software, IMAQdx driver, Labview)?

To find the NI-IMAQdx driver version you can navigate to the Software drop down list on the left-hand pane of MAX.

IP cameras will not show up in Device Manager as they are not 'connected' to your computer - they are a standalone network device which your computer connects to and requests data from.

In general networked devices will not show up in Device Manager.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,866 Views)

Hello Laurence, the model is acA 1600-20gm, the version of software i attempted to download is the vision acquisition 2011 http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2625/lang/en

Should i download the 2012.08 version instead?

I am using the 30 day trial evaluation version of labVIEW my company is hoping to purchase the licence in a few weeks time.

The software worked in windows xp platform but not on windows 7 am i missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,818 Views)

acA1600-gc 

Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,813 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damien129

Can I point you to this file:

http://www.baslerweb.com/media/documents/AW00064504000%20Interface%20GigE%20Cam%20NI%20Vision%208-2-...

Could you tell me which step you get stuck on?

It is always advisable to upgrade to the latest version of the software, especially drivers, as they may support more devices and features.

Is it the Vision Acquisition Software that won't install under Windows 7? Make sure you are downloading the latest version from the NI website, it should definitely work on Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,775 Views)

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the reply, I have it installed correctly now. I have the vision acquisition development module activated so I can aquire an image in labVIEW. I am using a labVIEW evaluation version and a vision assistant evaluation. Do i require an activation of the vision assistant to get the image to appear on the front panel? At the moment I am running labview and the image appears externally through vision.

Thanks

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,766 Views)

It seems the Vision Assistant software can't support processing for GigE cameras, as this extends to generating LabVIEW code.

This means you will need to write the LabVIEW code yourself to acquire the images, however this is not very difficult, and the "Low-Level Grab.vi" example (available from the "Find Examples" window under the Help menu in LabVIEW) should give you a good starting point. I have attached this VI for you.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,751 Views)

Thank you very much Laurence you have been very helpful.

Regards,

Damien

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,727 Views)