LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[begginer] Multiple string controls, one string indicator

Hello! I started learning labview this week, maybe this is a silly question
I have to indicate if a pressure I entered is normal, low or high using only one string indicator. Can't figure out how to do it...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,363 Views)

That sounds like a series of comparisons.  Look at the Select function.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,354 Views)

Several "ideas" are common in programming.  One is "repetition" -- do something multiple times.  Another is "choice" -- do only one thing, but "depending on something".

In LabVIEW, some of these "big ideas" are manifested by structures on the "Structures" Palette (well, where else?  Duh!).  Does anything in the top rows suggest an "idea" that will help you with your question?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,345 Views)

@RavensFan  escreveu:

I was trying Select but I could only show 2 strings (high or low, high or normal, low or normal). I can't figure out what to do with the third...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,336 Views)

@Bob_Schor  escreveu:

Several "ideas" are common in programming.  One is "repetition" -- do something multiple times.  Another is "choice" -- do only one thing, but "depending on something".

In LabVIEW, some of these "big ideas" are manifested by structures on the "Structures" Palette (well, where else?  Duh!).  Does anything in the top rows suggest an "idea" that will help you with your question?

Bob Schor

Don't know if I'll need structures (only know loop yet) here, because I'll enter a pressure value once and it must tell if it's high, low, normal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,325 Views)

@PHF1 wrote:

@RavensFan  escreveu:

I was trying Select but I could only show 2 strings (high or low, high or normal, low or normal). I can't figure out what to do with the third...

You can put the result of one Select into a 2nd comparison where you get the 3rd.

It's like

If x< low then

pass along "LOW"

Elseif  x> high

pass along "HIGH"

Else

pass along "NORMAL"

Endif

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,310 Views)