LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

basic Thermostat

Hey guys, Im quiet new to labview and im trying to do a simple project for myself to try to make up a basic thermostat that will keep the temp within the limits automatically when certains temps are met on the upper and lower limits. I can get as far as doing a case structure but i have a hard time understanding how to wire it back so that  it will add a constant of 5 if its too low or take away a constant of 5 if its too high. If there is anything else i should include feel free to ask. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,585 Views)

We cannot see what you are doing wrong unless you show us your VI. I don't think a "case structure" is sufficient, you might not even need one. 😄 To maintain values across iterations, a shift register is typically a good idea. Do you use one? What are the units of the "5" constant?

(Is this just a software simulation or do you interface to a real temperature sensor and heating system?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,578 Views)

Sorry I thought I added the VI😅. Here it is. Im very new to labview. Im just using 5 as away to bring the temp down or up to keep the thermostat within the threshold. Its only a simulation that im doing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,473 Views)

Sorry, I don't have LabVIEW 2021 here. Can do do a "save for previous".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,449 Views)

Hey, just put in the 20.0 version there. Is that ok or do you need an earlier version?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,446 Views)

This is still LabVIEW 2021. You need to attach the down-converted version, typically saved in a nearby folder.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,444 Views)