LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background image problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i've a strange problem with my project, i've a background JPG image (271 Kbyte) set as a background of my front panel (center option), if i load the VI this run at 6-7 cycles/second in a hile loop, but if i stop the VI and set the background image to NONE and after this i re-set my image as a background and run the vi it run at 20-25 cycles/second, this is so crazy!!! I can't figure out this is possible and i'm going mad to trying to resolve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(2,992 Views)

That's interesting 😮

What version of LabVIEW? Can you show your VI?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(2,990 Views)

Labview 2011, this is the code nothing strange a simple unfinished oscilloscope and the sub-vi is a function generator with front panel opened in 2 istances (reentrant with clone)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(2,981 Views)

Are you trying to improve the performance of this VI or just trying to understand why the FP background image affects the perf like it does?

And what's in the VI that's at the top left corner of your while loop?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(2,968 Views)

All your property nodes execute synchronously, so you should combine all properties for each control into a single property node (resize, then pick the properties).

This will limit their number. In addition, you should only write to them when their inputs change, and not with every iteration of the loop.

Can you attach the actual VI? Do you have overlapping controls on the front panel, for example?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(2,954 Views)

I want to understand why happen this and i want to make the vi a little smoother (10-15 cycles/second), the vi on the left upper corner is a function generator with a front panel that show when you open the oscilloscope vi, it's used to input a signal in the oscilloscope.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(2,952 Views)

Also, the number of bytes (271k) in a jpeg don't mean much, because the data is highly compressed. What is the color depth and size in pixels?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(2,944 Views)

Here the strange vi with his friend 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(2,942 Views)

Why do you have two trasparent graphs on top of each other? That's very expensive to redraw. Use a single graph with two y axes instead.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(2,939 Views)

Two Y-Axis? Never seen a graph like this, how can be done it? By the way the strange problem with the background is still there, i can improve the vi much times but this issue on the background image is the big slow down.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(2,930 Views)