LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back compile a exe file

Hi all

I have lost my orginal Vi files due to a harddrive failure. I only have the exe file left.

Is it somehow possible to compile the exe file back into a VI file?

BR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,413 Views)

I dont think so..

Contact your IT guys or the system admin they might have a copy if the system is backed up in regular intervals

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,405 Views)

The block-digram is gone. So you can not have your "coding" back. Which Labview version do you use. In some cases you can extract VIs from an exe file. But the block-diagram will still be gone for ever.

Evig eies kun det tapteSmiley Very Happy

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,402 Views)

Evig eies kun det tapte:smileyvery-happy:

Wondering what does that mean??

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,397 Views)

Well I think v8.4 was used for this VI. I now use 10.0

The biggest problem is that I did not write the code myself. A former colleague did, and he has now left the building!

So I will have to do everything from scratch then?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,394 Views)

hope there are some documents regarding the same to start with...

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,389 Views)

unfortunately not..

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,384 Views)

@norwegian wrote:

unfortunately not..

Well I am not going to lecture you about documentation and backup procedures. And certainly not about the benefit of a RAID disk setupSmiley Very Happy. You could perhaps ask the former employee if he has a backup of the program. Perhaps he/she will give it to you. If you offer some bottles of good wine for the trouble. If not, the only option is total rewrite I am afraid. What does the software do, is it complicated

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,381 Views)

@COq Rouge wrote:
Well I am not going to lecture you about documentation and backup procedures. And certainly not about the benefit of a RAID disk setupSmiley Very Happy

I nice way to do something saying that you don't do it Smiley Very Happy

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,373 Views)

On creating an EXE,  an INI file with also be created with the same name as EXE. If it is still there in your EXE folder, open the INI file and see whether this field is enabled TRUE "DebugServerEnabled=True". 

If it is, then the LabVIEW has built the EXE with the Block Diagram included (Used for Remote debugging). You can remotely connect to the EXE and can see the execution happening in the Block Diagram. 

AshwiN,  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,367 Views)