LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio timescale-pitch modification

hello guys
i am trying to time-pitch scale audio signals.im using labview 7 express and i was wondering if there is a way to capture a short audio file using just my computer's mic and then be able to insert it in labview for further processing.has anybody done this before?any help will appreciated.
i know that you can insert a wave file stored in you computer,in labview using the graphics&audio function.does that really help?how can you proceed further from that point and on?
in my project i will be using the TD-PSOLA algo to time and pitch scale the signal (which it will be monophonic or voice).has anybody worked or knows anything about this whole subject?any help or tips are wellcome
regards
alex
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,210 Views)
Alex:

You can most certaintly record a short audio using your computer's microphone, save it as a ".wav" file and use the "Sound File Read Simple.vi" to read the sound wave in LabVIEW for further processing. I hope this helps.

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,195 Views)
hello rudi
thank you for the reply.the "read sound file simple vi."  you talking about shouldn't be in the graphics&sound functions palette?i didnt find it.i found the "sound read wave file vi." but not the exact one you talking about.is there a difference or is it just a different labview version here?
i tried working with the sound read wave file vi. but i guess i have a hard time since i am a newbie with the labview.what i got though is that the specific vi. is giving you info about the wave file that it processes right?i.e if its a mono or stereo, 8 or 16 bit etc.do you get the appropriate signal for further processing thru one of the output nodes?i mean if it says that its an 8 bit mono wave file you will get that signal from the 8bit mono wave file output node right?thats the one that will be used for further processing?it might sound stupid this question but i havent used labview at all. will i need to pass it from somewhere else before  being able to use it in my program?as i said in my first msg i am trying to time-pitch scale this wave file.do you know something more about that?
never the less though i much appreciate your help and time.
kind regards
alex

p.s..what if you are trying to time-pitch scale mp3's?if somebody can help on this matter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,199 Views)
Alex:

I have attached to this post a picture to show where to find "Sound File Read Simple.vi" on your functions palette. I am going to look further into how you can time-pitch .wav files.

Rudi N.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,165 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,160 Views)
hello rudi.
thanks again for all the help to me.its appreciated believe me
i tried to find the vi you are telling me about but i guess we are using a different labview version.i am using the labview 7.0 express.i dont know which version you are using.i couldnt find the exact vi you are talking about.
regards alex
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,150 Views)

See if you have this file on your system, this will record the sound input to a wave file.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\examples\sound\sndExample.llb\Record Wave File.vi

Here is a vi to read that wave file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,155 Views)
Alex:

I hope that the previous post helped. Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Thanks,
Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,129 Views)
RUDI and the rest of the guys thanks alot.i appreciate it
rudi the vis you send me seem to be what i need to move further on.thanks alot
alex
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,122 Views)
Alex:
It is my pleasure. I hope all goes well.
Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,117 Views)