LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arduino labview interface

Solved!
Go to solution

When i connect arduino with the labview the error message is generated as follows...Any one help me!

Error 5002 occurred at Init.vi. Unable to establish connection with Arduino. Please ensure that you have selected the correct COM port and that you have flashed the Arduino with the correct firmware.

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (5002) or for its hexadecimal representation (0x0000138A).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,274 Views)

Well uh...have you checked that you have the correct COM port selected?  And well have you downloaded the firmware to the Arduino?  What have you done other than "connect arduino with the labview"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,266 Views)

I am guessing you are using LIFA? (LabVIEW Interface For Arduino)

LIFA has been long since deprecated and replaced with LINX

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,265 Views)

Yes i have uploaded the LIFA_BASE.ino to arduino....when i upload simple blinking code to arduino and connect the block labview rx pin in arduino becomes blinking continuously.After that in labview error code generates....In init com3 is detected rightly

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,247 Views)

yes im using LIFA.My labview version is 2013.when is try to install LINX in VIPM manager error generate as this package is not available for any othe labview version in your computer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,243 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vikiece93

@vikiece93 wrote:

when i upload simple blinking code to arduino and connect the block labview rx pin in arduino becomes blinking continuously.

What does this mean?

LINX works with LabVIEW 2011 or newer.  If it is complaining about compatibility I would update your VIPM to 2017.  Older versions won't allow installing newer packages.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,239 Views)

when i upload simple blinking code to arduino and connect the block labview rx pin in arduino becomes blinking continuously.

when i interface arduino and labview ,Rx led in arduino blinks and Tx led remains off.After some seconds in labview error generated

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,233 Views)

its worked.I updated vipm 2017 version its working

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,146 Views)

I need to read the digital outputs sent by arduino. In this case, in the programming, in the writing, in the idea is only LabVIEW in the middle of LINX read this data and be able to graph the signal.

What I have are several LEDs and an ultrasonic sensor, however, has not managed to make the communication. The idea at the beginning is to take the signal that the ultrasonic sensor sends me and when it reaches a certain level then it sends me an alarm message by means of an email. However, I can not communicate.

If it is a compatibility error between software, linx and labview or if something in the .VI programming is wrong.
The questions should be installed in the work code to interact with Linux.

I would appreciate if someone can help me

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,600 Views)