From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arcsin function

Hi

I want to use arcsin function for real data. I have found that it can be used only for complex data. so how to apply inverse sine for real data? can anyone help please. I have attached my VI.

Regards

Shirin

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,772 Views)

The input to arcsin needs to be between -1 and 1. Your input is in the thousands, even NaN sometimes. Nothing to do with complex. What are typical values for all your controls?

Can you point to a website explaining what the data represents and what you are trying to get out of it?

... and what silly code is this? The output is the same as the input!

altenbach_0-1602362262726.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,765 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. NaN is due to arcsin block:

Computes the arcsine of x.

If x is not complex and is less than –1 or greater than 1, the result is NaN. The connector pane displays the default data types for this polymorphic function.

My data is RF signal and I want to compensate for MZM distortion.

Regards

Shirin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,748 Views)

@shirin91 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. NaN is due to arcsin block:

No, I am looking at the input to arcsin. What values do you have there? Place an indicator or probe!

Are they really in the range -1 to 1? (you still have not told us the typical values for your controls).

There is no angle in the world where sin is outside [-1, 1]!

About half of your values are negative. The square root of a (non-complex) negative number is also NaN.

You also still have not explained the experiment and theory you are trying to apply. So far all this makes no sense!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,726 Views)