LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aquire a contiuous signal from Oscilloscope in LabView

Hi,

I'm trying since Last week to find a solution to this issue, (but it doesn't mean it's hard to solve I'm just new to all this):

I'm using a Tektronix oscilloscope tds 1002 to visualise waveforms (sinewave, square...generated from a HMF2525 rohde und schwarz functiongenerator)

I downloaded the driver of the oscilloscope from this link

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=047216EC20B66FABE0440003BA7CCD...

i need to make a program that measures the value of the tention every 10 milliseconds (it has to be integrated in a big program that measures other things like capacity ... so every 10 milliseconds it has to measure dynamicly the capacity, tention and everything else) BUT

1- I don't find a VI in the library that could measure the tention , one can just measure the constants like Minimum , Maximum, period ....

2-even if such a VI exists I presume it wouldn't work quickly enough to take a measurement every 10milliseconds

so I thought about taking the values from the waveform that I get from the oscilloscope but I don't think it's a good idea because like i said it has to measure dynamicly everything at the same time.

this is a screenshot of the Programpart that measures the other things and writes the measurements in a table in Exel where I have to add a column for the tentionmeasurements.

big fat.png

please feel free to ask me if there's any question

I would be soooooooo thankful if someone could help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,699 Views)

Spend serious time learning LabVIEW.  Take a course.  Don't post pictures of code here, post the code (attach your VIs).  Find colleagues who know LabVIEW to mentor you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,683 Views)

1- I learnd LabView I'm just searching an idea , maby someone did something similar befor wich can help me

2-picture is just to have an idea of what I need to do , one needs to have 6 machines so that it works in someone else's  PC so it's useless to post the code.

3-I already have colleages that know Labview they are also not finding a solution

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,671 Views)

Can you describe a bit more what your actual task is? How is this "tention" defined/calculated?

It is not necessary to post your complete project, but it helps almost every time if you at least attach an example VI with you current progress on the problem you ask about.

Regards

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,659 Views)
  1. I would like to reiterate what Bob Schor said above
    1. One Big Loop is not a proper program architecture
    2. Break your tasks down into steps and work those steps into a simple State Machine architecture
    3. Possible states are:
      1. Initialize communications and setup horizontal and vertical
      2. Arm trigger and wait
      3. Trigger a sweep
      4. Save analyze waveform 
      5. goto 2 or exit
  2. I don't have the manual for your scope but I would  think if it can do the voltage measurements you listed the it should be able to do the measurement you want. The voltage measurement you are looking for may be called:
    1. Amplitude
    2. Mean
    3. Average
    4. RMS
    5. Cyclic RMS
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,655 Views)

tank you all for replying I know now that it is not possible to have a dynamic measurement of the current tention , the osciloscope just measures constants like maximum minimum

so I'm now just using another oscilloscope.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,628 Views)