LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application builder media problem

LV Installer problem.PNG

The media application builder is requesting is media I don't have. I have 4 disks. NI Developer Suite 2014 disks 1-3 and device drivers. I installed LV2013 on this machine with these disks.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,885 Views)

Did you ever have LV installed from somewhere else, like a demo version or something?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,878 Views)

Paul,

There is something greek going on there I suspect and don't want to go into much detail here however,  The following actions may clear up the issue.

• use the control panel to remove the app builder
  • Reboot
  • use the 2014 DS1 media to install the App builder

There is only 1 app builder and not always the last one you attempted to install.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,866 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Paul,

There is something greek going on there I suspect and don't want to go into much detail here however,  The following actions may clear up the issue.

• Reboot

There is only 1 app builder and not always the last one you attempted to install.

I'm confused. Is app builder a separate application? Because I can't find it in add/remove programs and I can't find it in my media. Just to be clearer: I have the professional development system.

Also, I believe I was using 2013 on this machine before I got the disks from NI so maybe I was using an evaluation copy while I was waiting for the disks.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,857 Views)

App Builder should be a separate line item under NI Software.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,851 Views)

The App Builder installs as a module not a toolkit so, I believe you need to "Modify" the installation of the Highest version of LabVIEW that has the App Builder Module activated (Use License Manager to find this version)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,843 Views)

@PaulG. wrote:

@JÞB wrote:

Paul,

• Reboot

I'm confused. Is app builder a separate application? Because I can't find it in add/remove programs and I can't find it in my media. Just to be clearer: I have the professional development system.

Also, I believe I was using 2013 on this machine before I got the disks from NI so maybe I was using an evaluation copy while I was waiting for the disks.

Mr. Scott,  do check your private messages. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,825 Views)

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if Jeff has solved your problem already, but my suggestion is to uninstall LabVIEW and reinstall it. That error you got makes me think you had a faulty installation originally. I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall App Builder without uninstalling all of LabVIEW.

FYI:

"How Do I Uninstall or Repair National Instruments Software"

"Force Reinstall NI Software from the Command Prompt in Windows"

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,800 Views)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\National Instruments\LabVIEW\<Version>\AddOns\Application Builder Module

You may need to hit that funky key with the windows symbol (between Ctrl and Alt) and type "regedit"

Capture.PNG

but "cool ranch" is correct.  uninstalling App Builder can get "Tricky"

For those following along-  Do not go there and play!  Dragons abound! and the gun you are about to fire may shoot you in the foot!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,792 Views)

@cool_ranch_doRITAs wrote:

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if Jeff has solved your problem already, but my suggestion is to uninstall LabVIEW and reinstall it. That error you got makes me think you had a faulty installation originally. I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall App Builder without uninstalling all of LabVIEW.

FYI:

"How Do I Uninstall or Repair National Instruments Software"

"Force Reinstall NI Software from the Command Prompt in Windows"

This is really starting to annoy me. This isn't the first problem I've had that seems to be 2014 beta - related. I tried repairing 2013. That didn't work. Then I removed and re-installed 2013. Still doesn't work. I'm getting the same error. I removed LV2014 beta weeks ago and it's acting like a damned virus. Smiley Mad

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,764 Views)