From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

analog data to waveform

Hi, I am new using Labview, I have a CRio 9148, and a NI 9225, I am reading some voltage signals, however I am not sure how to measure rms data, since the result of the data adquisiton is a double variable, i can convert it to dynamic data but the rms does not work, the result is only a value following the peak of the signal. how can I specify that this value is a sine wave, sorry if the question is too basic.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)

Hello Juan,

First of all, don't worry about how basic your question is. I think many people have the same doubt you have!

In order to calculate a RMS value, you need to have a colection of points (an array, for example) or a waveform. 

I've attached an example that calculates the RMS value from a sine waveform.

I hope that helps you!!

Best Regards.

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,189 Views)

Thanks for the answer, but I still have the same problem, I cant see the sine wave, the same thing happends I create an array but the dc and rms just give me values of the wave in that specific time, i am ataching a picture of what i am seeing, just for you to know in the picture I am measuring a 50Vrms sine wave.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,180 Views)