From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

agilent 34410 synchronization with DAQ

Hi everyone,

I am currently running a test with several signals. One type of the signal is a counter signal plugged into the DAQ, and the second type is some AI signals which also are plugged into the DAQ. However, a third type signal is coming from the Agilent 34410A which is more complicated to be sychronized with. Since I am a new user to Labview, I didn't sucessfuly figure out how to deal with it. I am simply just put the single point Agilent measurement in the while loop of the other signals and writing all of them together in to a file. However, I found out this way would rouin the data in some way. Hopefully I can find some luck here to get some directions,

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,209 Views)

Addtionally, if I set the AI input sampling rate/number of samples bigger than my agilent sample rate (about 45 samples/s), the output data will be wrong. If it's smaller, it seems okay. However, I don't think the data are synched.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,205 Views)

Hi Bruceland,

there really is no way to synchronize VISA devices as they don't have the timing/trigger capabilty. As for your second post, If you try to sample more data than you have collected you will run into problems, so always set the software sample rate / number of samples less than the agilent device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,157 Views)

That 34410A Does have a few trigger modes.  One of them really does happen to be "TRIGer:SOURce:EXTernal"  Just wire the start trigger out of your DAQ device to the DMM and VIOLA!

And, as a bonus, in this case it doesn't matter what color wire you use.  (How come people forget about using HARDWARE to solve their code problems?)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,148 Views)

Thanks, the Angilent 34410A do have trigger function. Though it might not be perfect for my situation, but it works!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,128 Views)

Thanks for reminding. I used external trigger and it can get my required data though with some small time delay which I believe would be the effect of VI calculation and hardware speed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,127 Views)

Hi,

I still noticed a problem which is once for while the aquired data will suddenly shift back to zero. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,099 Views)