LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ag6000 waveform capture errors - query UNTERMINATED

I am trying to write a waveform capture VI for an agilent DSO6054A oscilloscope from a PC using GPIB over ethernet.  I have the IVI drivers that are available from the ni.com site for the scope but I get a strange error.  Even their example VI for capturing the waveform gives me this error:

ag6000 Read Waveform.vi<ERR>Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF003F) A format specifier in the format string is invalid.

Primary Error: (Hex 0xBFFF003F) A format specifier in the format string is invalid.

And the scope displays a message:

query UNTERMINATED

I've searched the forums but no one with my particular model of scope has posted on this problem yet.  There was a fix posted for different agilent drivers with a similar error, but I don't think I have the right software to modify the IVI driver.  Their fix involved something called CVI, which isn't installed on my machine.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thank you very much,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,831 Views)

I haven't been able to find any know issues with this driver.  Make sure that you have the most current version of the instrument driver and that you have the minimum required versions of NI-VISA and the IVI Compliance Package:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=04244E95C2D30A95E0440003BA7CCD71

You can find what versions you have installed by looking under the "Software" tab in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).  If you have the latest versions of all the drivers and are still getting this error, please let me know.

Also, FYI, it's usually better to post questions about instrument control to the Instrument Control forum here:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=140

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,819 Views)
I do have the latest of all the drivers that I need.  I downloaded all of the newest ones and reinstalled everything and it still doesn't work.

I noticed that there is a new set of drivers up for the 6000 series scopes that are plug and play.  I downloaded these and tried to use them as well.  I got a different error this time.  It said that the ID query failed every time I tried to run it.  I'm sure I have the right GPIB number.  When I disabled the query, the VI returned only 0 when it should have been a sine wave.

I will repost my question in the instument control forum and see if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,811 Views)
Thread continued here
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,801 Views)