LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a folder to a zip file

Hi,

Any update on this?

I'm trying to do exactly the same i.e. create a zip file with preserved folder hierachy (like any zip compression tool would do!).

The OpenG package has a function which is supposed to compress a whole folder but it doesn't work (error 8 - problem with file permission).

I can't believe a function like this doesn't exist in Labview.

Does anyone know a working function to create a zip file (with comments and passwords) while preserving folder hierarchy?

Regards,

peper

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,472 Views)

I uploaded a screenshot of what I did and it works, sry it is kind of messy. i will try and explain it if you need me to but this should get you started

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,463 Views)

the "configure file" sub vi does not do anything, it just gives a file placement location, it can be disregarded

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,458 Views)

Hi all,

I'm writing a VI in LabView 2013 that zips a folder with the same subfolder tree and it's working fine except for empty folders.

With the "Add File To Zop.VI" in the LabView library I can zip all the files I need, but if the source file path is a folder the VI doesn't do anything.

I'd like to add empty folders to the zip, does anybody knows hot to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,426 Views)

Hello Marcello,

Unfortunately, the native LabVIEW ZIP API does not currently support adding an empty folder to an archive. However, I believe the OpenG ZIP API extension does allow you to compress a complete directory hierarchy. Have you used an OpenG package or the OpenG add-on ZIP API before?

OpenG Libraries - OpenG

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209027

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,410 Views)

I've never tried before OpenG libraries but I will..

Meanwhile I'm using an external portable zip tool called by "System Exec.VI" but I'd rather to find an internal LabView tool.

Thank You very much

Regards

MZ

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,392 Views)