From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a folder to a zip file

Hi,

Any update on this?

I'm trying to do exactly the same i.e. create a zip file with preserved folder hierachy (like any zip compression tool would do!).

The OpenG package has a function which is supposed to compress a whole folder but it doesn't work (error 8 - problem with file permission).

I can't believe a function like this doesn't exist in Labview.

Does anyone know a working function to create a zip file (with comments and passwords) while preserving folder hierarchy?

Regards,

peper

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,491 Views)

I uploaded a screenshot of what I did and it works, sry it is kind of messy. i will try and explain it if you need me to but this should get you started

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,482 Views)

the "configure file" sub vi does not do anything, it just gives a file placement location, it can be disregarded

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,477 Views)

Hi all,

I'm writing a VI in LabView 2013 that zips a folder with the same subfolder tree and it's working fine except for empty folders.

With the "Add File To Zop.VI" in the LabView library I can zip all the files I need, but if the source file path is a folder the VI doesn't do anything.

I'd like to add empty folders to the zip, does anybody knows hot to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,445 Views)

Hello Marcello,

Unfortunately, the native LabVIEW ZIP API does not currently support adding an empty folder to an archive. However, I believe the OpenG ZIP API extension does allow you to compress a complete directory hierarchy. Have you used an OpenG package or the OpenG add-on ZIP API before?

OpenG Libraries - OpenG

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209027

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Andy C.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,429 Views)

I've never tried before OpenG libraries but I will..

Meanwhile I'm using an external portable zip tool called by "System Exec.VI" but I'd rather to find an internal LabView tool.

Thank You very much

Regards

MZ

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,411 Views)