LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accessing same com port in labview

Hi,
I have a requirement where I have buit a serila port application with the visa driver. I have a third party DLL which access the same serial device through the same port I intend to use in my application. I tried to do some read write actions using my serial driver, then close the ports. Then I call the DLL in labview and send some more commands.

Here the DLL returns the error port cannot be opened. But when I exit labview and open a VI only with the DLL and try to send some commands, it is working fine.

Is it possible to build an application like what I have suggessted? Is labview not releasing the port completely after the call to close? Is there any alternative to do this process/

Regards
Gopal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,191 Views)

Hi Gopal,

With VISA it's easy to "accidentally" reopen a VISA connection, for instance, after explicitly Closing, a subsequent VISA Read will reopen the connection - even though no VISA Open is used. Smiley Surprised  Regardless, if you can post your VI it might help to identify the problem. Smiley Wink

Cheers.

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,176 Views)