LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZeroMQ based LabVIEW Architecture

If you do some searching on the forums you see ZeroMQ mentioned here and there.

ZeroMQ

I want to know if anybody has successfully built an architecture based around the ZeroMQ technology.

From what I've learned on the NI forums and readings from the ZeroMQ website; it appears that the ZeroMQ technology opens itself up to several different design patterns that could be used in LabVIEW architectures. Just not for communicating to different producers/consumers from LabVIEW, but easily including external code via the common ZeroMQ communication capabilities.

I need to design an application that is scalable, modular, and work with a wide range of third party tools and applications that have been written in other languages.

This task at first seems daunting because to talk with other applications we need to have a defined inter process communication (IPC) defined; this is complicated even more when the effort is distributed over the network on multiple machines via network performing distributed processing that must be synced. 

I want to know if anybody has ever worked with the ZeroMQ technology as an integral part of their architecture? 

Does ZeroMQ offer buffering? Were their stability issues in high traffic applications? What about work load? Does ZeroMQ offer LabVIEW event triggers?

If anybody has any experience using ZeroMQ on a large scale I would love to hear your experience.

Regards,

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,031 Views)

Hi MrQuestion,

I'm curious if you have any update on this topic.

Did you do further investigations on the 'ZeroMQ Labview Architecture'?

Or did you follow another way?

Thanks,

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,301 Views)

I don't know about MrQuestion but there's an entire library available here:

ZeroMQ bindings for LabVIEW :: labview-zmq (sourceforge.net)

It looks like it's really a wrapper for C code.  You might also look into the Actor Framework in LabVIEW and see if you could apply 0MQ behaviors with that as a starting point.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,290 Views)