From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XNode

@enen wrote:

Should I active LabVIEW on-line?

If I remember right, this thread was about xnodes.

Are you now talking about activation?

Can you explain your last question in more details?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,161 Views)

@enen wrote:

Should I active LabVIEW on-line?

Are you refering to the XNode editor activation?  You won't be able to do that without some hacks (unless you work for NI).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,131 Views)

As other have said XNodes are a neat technology that NI does not recommend anyone but them use.  If you have an application that acts strange with an XNode it in, or corrupted code that uses an XNode, NI will not support you and may pretend XNodes don't exist depending on their mood that day.

That being said the technology is awesome and can do some neat things to make development life easier.  If you have source that uses an XNode and then make an EXE out of it, the XNode will not be included in the EXE but only the code the XNode generated.  This means that more or less, an EXE built using an XNode, or an EXE built not using an XNode should product the same thing.  There are exceptions of course.

For more infomation about how to make and edit XNodes checkout some stuff on LAVA.

http://lavag.org/files/category/10-xnodes/

None of this will get you what this thread first asked about, and that is how to edit a XNode file from the LabVIEW IDE.  Sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,110 Views)

I know! Only NI could edit XNodes, but just in the Project Explor Window! XNode ref and XNode Library ref in property Node and invoke Node says:NO Properties NO Methods, but it's just for users! The program XNode editer is fantastic! I can use it to edit XNodes. So,I think, THAT program was programmed by NI. Right?

Thank you all!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,052 Views)
There are property and invoke node methods for xnodes and xnode libraries, but only if you have the xnode license. This license is also whats needed to be able to open an xnode in the IDE.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,038 Views)
Also what xnode editor are you talking about? Wasnt it called xnode manager or something?
Message 16 of 18
(1,035 Views)

The xnode editor is a program on LAVA called XNode Manager. You can edit xnodes without the xnode license. By the way, how can get the xnode license?

I'm not work for NI. I'm a student. I'm twelve.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(989 Views)
XNodes are not an official product. NI does not allow developers to have the license.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(965 Views)