cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML parser Reset Node class

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Developers, 

i'm using a XML parser on labview. i respect NI recommandation that said i have to close a reference for all XML parser classes. But on my application i'm calling the VI that manage XML file in a loop, i'm remarking that all references are not be rested by close reference. references values are growing in time and my application return an error : 

Error Code:

-2633; User-defined error code.

how can i reset all my references value to zero after every iteration  ?

i notice that i should close all labview application and open it to reset my reference to zero !! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,644 Views)

The node that returns Echantillon has an unclosed refnum output! That inside a loop surely will add some memory over time.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,630 Views)

HI 

i close all refnum in my code! 

i call this Vi in TestStand every 2 minutes to search a command that be sent to a UUT during 120 hours. It's a sequence test !

Cpture.PNG

 in my capture, you can see that i close all Refnum. 

There is some solutions to avoid this add on memory. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,607 Views)

You attach a picture in your first post complaining about a memory leak. I look at it and point you to a refnum that is not getting closed. And then you respond that your code is completely different and you do everything according to the book?

1) The inlined picture is totally unreadable and fuzzy.

2) It has a terrible wiring that makes folliwing the refnums difficult even if it was clearly visible

3) If you want help with a VI attach the VI (in at least 2 LabVIEW versions earlier than the latest and greatest "Save for Previous Version"), and attach the one you claim to have a problem with not a picture of it and definitely not a picture of a different VI than what you say doesn't work.

Attached is your original picture with an orange circle where a refnum is not closed.

Capture (1).PNG

Trying to decipher your second fuzzy picture you have a node inside your loop that returns an array of refnms and you pick out the first and use it and then close it! What about the other refnums in that array???????

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,601 Views)

Hi Rolf, 

excuse me for this error, in my first post i attached just a LabView Example! 

i attached here my right VI that i use it to search in a XML file and return a table of informations! 

i thank you for your help 🙂 

the VI is Labview 2016 version ! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,591 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Montyto

I already mentioned in my previous post at the end where I suspected the problem to be (despite having trouble to see anything in that fuzzy picture).

Try to find the difference between this image and your VI.😀

XML Refnum Leak.png

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,585 Views)

Thank you very much Boss, 

My VI is running, now after 4 hours, i don't have any error. and the memory is constant 

thank you 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,550 Views)