LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML OR BIN FILE CONVERTING TO VI

Hi , I have configured my ARINC 429 Tx and Rx program using F-SIM software  and saved as XML file also Bin file.

Now I want open this file in Labview and run the program. Please advise how to do this ? 

I am new for the Lab view and  trying with a simple program. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,288 Views)

It depends a bit on what you want from the data, how the XML data is formatted, and the size of the files.

Reading the file as text is easy, and you can often parse the XML with plain text functions (Match Pattern, Scan From String and Match Regular Expression).

If the XML is more complex, you can use the build in XML functions. They are not that intuitive though.

If the files can grow big (10ths or 100ths of megabytes), you might want to parse the file in small blocks, to prevent loading the entire file in memory at once.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,276 Views)

Fortunately, the XML file is less than two dozen lines and seems to define two channels, channelNumber 1 as a TX channel and channelNumber 2 as an Rx channel.  The sub-fields don't mean much to me, but probably would to you (since you know what parameters go with which channel).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,258 Views)