From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML File Parsing

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having trouble parsing this XML file. I swear it was working but now the DC_Source and DC_Load sections return nothing.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,477 Views)

I can't run your VI as I am missing ctl-DevHandle In.ctl

If you are using newer versions of LabVIEW which support XPath the code will be much much clearer and easier! Just a thought. Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

TailOfGon
Certified LabVIEW Architect 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,466 Views)

Here is the zip file with the NHR llb included. Stupid NHR, I hate that company and all their devices...

But anyway I am using LabView 2012, but I have no idea what XPath is, in factt this is the first I heard of it.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

In XML Tag Parser (SubVI).vi, look at the Results out terminal. The wire which connects to the terminal should be using a shift register.

TailOfGon
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,456 Views)

Thanks!

I jusr read he help secion on XPath and XML parsing. Makes sense to me. I am really new to XML and have zero training so I am learning as I go...

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,452 Views)

Awesome. If you are dealing with XML parsing, XPath is a MUST. You should spend sometime for the basic and save time in the long run. Smiley Very Happy

TailOfGon
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,443 Views)

is it possible to attach the same file for labview 2010 version....

thanks,

chethan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,362 Views)

Okay I think I have saved everything in LabView 10 format. But I am not sure becuase quite frankly I never have had good luck saving for a previous version. If something does not work there is a thread on this board or possible another baord here dedicated to converting vi's between LabView versions

I also included the now fixed XML Tag Parser sub vi.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,356 Views)

Thanks for updating to 2010 verison.....

can u pls attach the VI which converts into different version......

I have added the attachement .....I want to kno why i am not getting the value from the result array which is shown in the atatched file......

When i execute the attached VI I am not getting any error or any result....could you pls help how to print the value .......

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,341 Views)

I do not understand what you are trying to do in your program.

As for converting different versions. There is no 'vi" that does that.

LabView it's self can "save for a previous version" in the file menu.

As you see the new "Sliver" controlls look rather odd when saved to a previous version. Also you can end up with a broken arrow if you use a function (like conditional terminals on for loops) that is not available in the older version.

LabView will open older versions limited to LV6i and up and save as the curent version.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,331 Views)