cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong signal statue of GateValve

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody.
I hope someone can help me with the problem I am trying to solve. We are using the NI PCI-6517 to control the automatic opening and closing of the Gate Valves (G.V.) in the vacuum system.
Usually, if the status of the G.V. when no action will be "closed". But after a sudden power failure one day, the state of one of those Valves changed. The status changed from "closed" to "open" and vice versa. I have tried to duplicate a valve with the same effect (which is working correctly) to replace it. But still no working. I also thought the old pin in the used NI 6517 was broken, so I changed it to a new pin location. And I made change Line channels too. But the result remains unchanged.
I don't know if this problem can be solved by fixing the code or status on LabVIEW or if we have to replace a new Ni PCI-6517.
I hope that there is someone who can help me out...
Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,116 Views)

Please provide more information about this "valve" and how is it connected to the PCI-6517 and other external circuits involved.

If you disconnect the valve and check the voltage levels for the DO pin when you write a Low or High, does it match?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,046 Views)

I have a hard time believing it is the software, although this is based upon the assumption that the original developer used LabVIEW best practices when developing the code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,030 Views)

Please provide more information about this "valve".

=> We use two types of valves: Pneumatic Valve to separate, let's say, chamber 1 and chamber 2. We use a Compressed air Solenoid Valve to control the  "CLOSE/OPEN" status of Pneumatic Valves.

how is it connected to the PCI-6517 and other external circuits involved? 

=> We need to use LabVIEW to send the signals to a Compressed air Solenoid Valve to close/open the Pneumatic Valves. So it means that the signals are sent when we click the mouse in LabVIEW => sent through PCI-6517 to Solenoid Valve =>  CLOSE/OPEN Pneumatic Valve. 

If you disconnect the valve and check the voltage levels for the DO pin when you write a Low or High, does it match?

=> the Voltage is a bit increased now. From 24V => 25.8V.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(998 Views)

Yes, I am thinking about the Mechanical problem. So that I am not sure if it is the PCI or the valve itself has a problem... I need to change one of them to check anyway... 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(997 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author donga38

hi everyone,

We solved it. It is actually because of the solenoid valve problem. 

Thank everyone who gave us advice on what to do. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(971 Views)