LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing multiple arrays to a single xml file at seperate times without overwriting the previous file?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi my name is Dustin,

I am new to labview and teststand... I am trying to right multiple arrays of data to a single xml file. I can do this with a cluster but I have to create a variable for each of those arrays (21 arrays) and I was hoping to use the same variable for each array. Meaning I obtain my array of data write it to an xml file then replace that array in that variable with a new array and then call up my VI that writes that array to an xml file and write it to the same xml file underneath the first array without overwriting it. Attached is my VI I created to write an array to an xml file. Again I am wondering if there is a way to write multiple arrays to a single xml file at different times without overwriting the previous xml file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,242 Views)

Hi,

I think you can do this using shift registers and Build array(concatenate) functions. But i can't view your code as it is in LabVIEW11. Can you down convert it to LabVIEW-10 and upload it?

Regards,
Nitz

(Give Kudos to Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,236 Views)

Ok here is the 2010 verison.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,228 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dlovell

Hi dlovell,

Check the attached example. I think it may help you.

Regards,
Nitz

(Give Kudos to Good Answers, Mark it as a Solution if your problem is Solved;)) 

Message 4 of 6
(2,220 Views)

Thanks this is what I was looking for!! I will be testing it tomorrow and I will come back on and post the results of my test!! Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,196 Views)

Thanks the file worked like I wanted it to!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,176 Views)