LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing items into listbox using win32com.client api in Python

Hi

I'm trying to add/remove an item into the listbox control of labview using the VI methods provided by pywin32 api for python..

I have tried the setControlValue method to add an item, but to no avail (vi.setControlValue('Listbox',<name of item>)). 

I'm new to LabView, so perhaps I'm not getting the syntax or method right..It would really help if someone can help me solve this problem..

Regards

Arun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,485 Views)

pywin32 won't help you here in any way. LabVIEW controls are not standard Windows windows (yes every Windows control is a window in itself) but entirely implemented in LabVIEW. The only Windows resources used by LabVIEW are the outermost window of each front panel and diagram window. Anything else is fully handled internally by LabVIEW.

Controlling a LabVIEW front panel from Python is definitely not the most simple thing to do. LabVIEW does have a so called VI server interface that can be access through ActiveX. It allows to do some things, but isn't generally the ideal way of allowing to remotely control a LabVIEW application.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,470 Views)