From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write waveform to file issues

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having issues using the "write waveform to file" command. Perhaps the issue lies somewhere else. The issue is that even though the file path is correct on my front panel indicator, a file is never being created. The file path is created by using the folder location and creating the file based on the time stamp of the program's run time. If somebody could explain a solution I would appreciate it.

Curtis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,442 Views)

Here's what my front panel shows for more information. The file path string is shown correctly, but the actual path is not being created.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,436 Views)

Do NOT use cancatinate string to build up file paths.  You are just asking for issues.  That is what Build Path is for, and it reduces the amount of work you have to do.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,423 Views)

That is one of the things I originally tried, and it is giving the same results. I attached a pic showing the program with this setup.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,420 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author caa101020

Does your loop ever finish?  That Write Waveform To File function is outside of the loop, so it won't run until after the loop is complete.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 13
(3,415 Views)

I am currently testing it without the DAQ device attached, so the program does not fully run so that very well could be the issue. Before, I did try it with everything connected but was seeing the same results. Let me relocate and I'll let you know if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,411 Views)

Same issue. I attached a picture of the full code and front panel to see if that helps.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,405 Views)

Is a colon ( : ) in the timestamp a valid character in a file path?

Please post the actual VI. Perhaps someone will find something which does not show on an image.

Lynn

Message 8 of 13
(3,396 Views)

OK I was thinking about possible issues with the loop and I think that may be the source of the problem. The DAQ Assistant Task runs on 8 second cycles and the operator is supposed to stop the program manually when the desired graph is received. I think that since the programmer is stopping the program while still in the loop, the code outside of the loop never runs. I moved the "write waveform to file" command and everything else into the loop to see if that would work and the program does indeed run further, now giving a <Not a Path> message.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,393 Views)

Here's the VI. I was hoping to avoid posting the whole thing but since I already posted the picture I guess it's a moot point.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,391 Views)