LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to measurement File

Hi to all,

I'm trying to save data in my computer adquired by cRIO-9045 with labview 2020 32bits. For that I'm trying to use the write to measurement file VI configured as below. However it doesn't create any archive or file so I'm not able to store any data. Has anyone any idea to solve that and save the data recorded?

Thank you to all in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,064 Views)

I attach a screenshot too.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,055 Views)

Hi George,

using only ExpressVIs does hide a lot of details in the Express configuration dialogs, so an image does not really help here…

What is the filepath you try to write your file to?

Did you choose a filepath accessible to your cRIO RT target? (That is something local in the cRIO and NOT on the harddrive of your Windows computer!?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,050 Views)

Thank you for your quickly answer!

My working directory is in my C drive in the computer, so I'm not sure if it's accessible from my cRIO. I attach the configuration of the 'Write to measurement file' VI.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,045 Views)

Hi George,

@George7893 wrote:

My working directory is in my C drive in the computer, so I'm not sure if it's accessible from my cRIO. I attach the configuration of the 'Write to measurement file' VI.

No, it isn't!

The cRIO is a computer on its own. And generelly computers cannot access the harddrive of other computers (without special software) - and you also don't want other computers/users let access your harddrive!

Simple solution: select a local path on your cRIO to save data to a file. Then transfer the files later on to your computer…

Other simple solution: check all those example projects coming with LabVIEW/RT! They explain how to transfer data from RT targets to Windows hosts…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 5 of 9
(1,030 Views)

Thank you!

In fact I prefer the second option, as a huge data will be involved so maybe the memory in cRIO is not enough. In which part are those examples you talk about? I attach the diferent groups of examples I have.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,026 Views)

Hi George,

@George7893 wrote:

In which part are those examples you talk about?

File -> "New…" or File->"Create Project…".

A dialog opens, where you can select several predefined example/template projects. There you will also find examples suitable for RT targets…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 7 of 9
(1,018 Views)

Hola jorge,

In the end were you able to solve the problem? I have exactly the same problem, with the same DAQ, the NI 9045, and with the same 32-bit labVIEW 2020. What I do is send the files to the USB 2.0 type A port (:u\), where I have an external USB memory stored. But the idea is that I save it to an address on the PC.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(363 Views)

Hi mancar,

@mancar343 wrote:

But the idea is that I save it to an address on the PC.

Then you need to implement a communication from your client cRIO to your host PC, so the host PC application can save the data at your required location…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(355 Views)