From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write to Spreadsheet File (How to Start New Rows)

Solved!
Go to solution

I am reading in signals from a hardware device and trying to write it into several columns using the Write to Spreadsheet File every few seconds.

My problem is every time a new signal comes in, my program seems to overwrite the previous signal when it writes to file, so when (say after 2 minutes) I go in to check the written file, it only shows 1 row of information. How can I fix this?

Attached is a portion of my VI and the output file.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kalyie

If the program segment shown in your image is inside a loop, then the Write Header section overwrites the file each iteration of the loop.  Then you only see the data from the last iteration.  Solution: Move the Write Header and Write Channel Names portions outside the loop or put them inside case structures which only execute when you want a new file or new Channels.

Lynn

Message 2 of 3
(2,300 Views)

Thanks! This worked after I moved the Write Header and Write Channel Names outside of the loop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,292 Views)