LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word .net open document

I've started work at interfacing Word using .NET

In LabVIEW: From the functions palette -> Connectivity -> .NET

I can open a reference to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass which opens an instance of Word and can use property nodes, however I can't open a file programmatically through LabVIEW.

I've consulted https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/microsoft.office.interop.word.documents.open.aspx which details the parameters.

Whenever I run the code attached it produces error 1316 on the invoke node for documents.open, in fact whenever I call Word .NET methods through invoke nodes it generates this error code.

I've used the .NET interface tools before for LabVIEW to communicate with Excel and its Open method accepted a directly wired string for Filename, while this requires a System.Object reference.

I've already a working example in ActiveX and I just want to implement the functionality using the .NET approach.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight upon this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,356 Views)

Have you tried using the "Application" constructor, not "ApplicationClass"?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,170 Views)

Hello pauldavey,

Thanks for replying.

To answer your question, if I try and select "Application" in the constructor node for the Word interop I get this in the "constructors" selection box:

"This class contains no public constructors" 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,152 Views)

I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions except, what version of LabVIEW are you using, and have you tried under LabVIEW pre 2013 so it uses the CLR 2?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,111 Views)

Thanks for your suggestions,

I am working with LabVIEW 2014.

I haven't tried it with any earlier LabVIEW version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,101 Views)

Hey,

I was troubled with this issue in past using ActiveX APIs for EXCEL.

This example helped me to copy paste the open document method n the code

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-19187

Message 6 of 12
(4,095 Views)

Hello LVKrAkEn,

Thanks you for your input and attached example but I have mentioned that I can get LabVIEW interfacing Word through ActiveX already.

I also have LabVIEW interfacing Excel using the .net approach but for some reason can't replicate this success with Word.

I suspect that this may be an NI bug.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,089 Views)

hello JO's:

I have the same problem as you, have you solved the problem there?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,649 Views)

Hello Beck_Liang,  unfortunately not.  🙁  I haven't been looking into this for quite a while.  Would be good to have it working though.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,620 Views)

thanks for your feedback, I'm frantic about this issue... ...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,575 Views)