Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won'r Create File Before While Loop

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by MikeIsMyName

@MikeIsMyName wrote:

I would place this vi under the "My Computer" cluster in the project viewer  instead of the vi that is on the myRIO. Is this possible? Can I run the queue between two vi's?

So I was correct with my initial guess!  You have to treat the myRIO like it is a separate computer, because it is.  NI does a great job abstracting this concept away, but it bites us constantly when File IO is encountered.

What you need to do is make an application on your PC that just gets data from the myRIO.  How to get the data?  I use the STM library to communicate over TCP/IP.  Many around here really like Network Streams.  Either way, you need to have your myRIO connect to an application on your PC and use that connection to send the data.  The PC application can then log the data to wherever you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 12
(312 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Is this running on an RT system?

A magic 4-ball!   problem identified but no ...... real (or complex) answer. Smiley something

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(298 Views)