LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire in the wrong place graphical glitch

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone experienced something like this before? And what causes it?

Wire wrong place_LV.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,693 Views)

Looks like your code is bigger than 15000 pixels.... If your code is too long then it might happen

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,686 Views)

Is it possible that you have a (broken) wire running behind your While Loop?

briokenCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,636 Views)

Nope the only broken wires are the ones you see in the image. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,626 Views)

I have seen "floating wire segments" left behind after deleting a wire. 

But they could not be "selected", it was like they were not really there...

Turns out they were not really there, they were just an artifact left behind.

Scrolling the block diagram so they are off the screen and scrolling back would remove them as the screen was redrawn. I managed to corelate this to old Intel on-board graphics chipsets and haven't actually seen it happen for a long time. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 5 of 7
(1,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OA1

I have have seen all styles above,
They mainly seem to occur for me on the larger more complex VIs that take longer for the graphics card to redraw. Sometimes scrolling doesn't resolve and the only solution is to start making SubVIs. SCC and the ability to revert to a working version if this happens is your friend here, as I have noticed that if it happens once, it will seeming happen to the same wire again and again unless you make a massively different change to the huge VI (like drop a chunk into a subVI) to force a huge resave. Haven't seen it much, but I've seen it a few times over the years, and as a result keep the BD small and less complex if I can.

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
Message 6 of 7
(1,541 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

The wire in the image is fully functional, the only way I could get rid of this was to delete the primitive, place it on the block diagram again and then recompile. Its just not pleasant to look at other it causes no harm.

I think what James_W is describing seems probable.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,466 Views)