From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire: Function Conflict, Static VI Reference

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Community,

Sorry if this has already been answered before, but I have spent an hour searching. I am trying to learn a little about using subVIs to clean up my code.

I'm trying to connect a static VI reference of a Gaussian function that I made to the Nonlinear Curve Fit.vi, but I get a broken wire which says "function conflict".

function conflict.jpg

When I create constants for the output of my Gaussian VI and the input of the Nonlinear Curve Fit.vi, they are clearly different classes.

constants.jpg

Could someone show me how to edit my Gaussian VI to match the class properly? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,072 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 帕特里克

Your model subvi needs a connector pattern that is identical to the template. Start with the template mentioned in the help and only modify the code, not the existing controls and indicators. Simply leave unused terminals disconnect, don't delete them.

Message 2 of 3
(3,067 Views)

Yes, you can do what @ mentioned, or click the corresponding variables one by one, from your model's front panel like shown here:

corresponding_variables_boxes.png

LabView wants you to match these variables, in order to make the function

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,911 Views)