From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 and LabVIEW sys admin issue

My users are getting the -1950679035 error when they are trying to run their application.  The Shared Variable Library is not being deployed.  The Shared Variable Library is hosted on the PC and is only used on the local PC.  All the binding properties seem to be correct.

All Windows Firewalls are turned off and the users CANNOT run LabVIEW as sys admin. 

They cannot run NI Distributed System Manager from LabVIEW.  They can from the Windows Start menu but even then it seems to have a hard time running properly.  Always spends some time in "Not Responding" mode before starting.

The OPC Server is not running and we are not using DSC.

I am not the system administrator so I can't configure Windows 10 in any way.  How can the I insure the Shared Variable Library always deploys when my users run the application?  We are using LabVIEW 2016.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,242 Views)

Hi faustina,

Is there a specific message being displayed with the error number?

Here are a few things that I'd like initially troubleshoot:

Alex
Hardware Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,190 Views)

the error is "Error -1950679035: Unable to Locate Variable in Shared Variable Engine".  I've seen both KB articles.  And I can't implement any of the solutions because I'm not sys admin.  We needed sys admin to turn off all the firewalls. 

By the way, I don't like the new format of the KB articles.  Having the article number, initial publishing, update dates etc. was very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,181 Views)

@faustina wrote:

I can't implement any of the solutions because I'm not sys admin.  We needed sys admin to turn off all the firewalls. 

I think it's time for you to have a long talk with your IT department. I have been there and it's common for IT departments to fear anything that is not Word, Outlook, or Excel. 

In the end we ended up with a seperate "class" of computers designated "test machines" that are not joined to the corporate domain so they can not access any sensitive company data, but the "test user" has full administrative privileges on that machine. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 4
(2,167 Views)