From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Dependencies from FlexRIO Controller Examples

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I’m interested in utilizing the high-speed serial (SFP+) ports on an NI 7935R to stream raw sampled data from an NI 5772 adapter module for data recording. I see that there is an example project included with LabView 2017 that demonstrates using the SFP+ ports with 10GbE UDP, which seems perfect for our application. Unfortunately when I open this example (or any of the examples in the Controller for FlexRIO folder), there are two dozen or so missing dependencies preventing me from using it (see attached image). This only happens with the FlexRIO Controller examples, all other examples open and run properly.

Oddly, the highlighted missing files all seem to exist in the directory tree, but at a slightly different location. For example, LabView searches for, but fails to find:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\Targets\vi.lib\rvi\interface\common\dynamic\niFpgaDynamicAddResources.vi”

However, a file of the same name exists at:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\rvi\interface\common\dynamic\niFpgaDynamicAddResources.vi”

Notice that the paths are identical, except for the “Targets” branch in the expected filepath, this pattern is true for all the missing dependencies as far as I can tell. I’ve tried retargeting one by one to these alternate files, but the dependency issues persist.

Do you have any insight or advice for me? Is this likely an issue with configuration for the example project? With my LabView installation? As I mentioned, most or all other examples work fine, it’s only the FlexRIO Controller examples that seem affected.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,454 Views)

That's bizzare. The only thing I can think of is someone accidentally click and dragged the vi.lib folder into the target folder and then saved the project after it re-linked to the vis that got moved. I say that because the "targets" folder should never contain the kind of dependencies your image is showing. 

Anyway. Best thing to do is delete the copy of the project you have, repair the flexrio driver, then make a new copy of the controller for flexrio example. Make sure you save a copy of the example rather than modifying the existing example. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,419 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CKilfoyle

After reading the forum discussion here, and getting some assistance from NI Support, we've found the problem. We didn't have the LabView Real Time module installed! With that module everything works great!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,398 Views)