From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will updating windows 7 to windows 10 affect the current labview 2012 version installed

Hi,

I have a windows question. In my company we have labview 2012 installed in our pc which is Windows 7. But now we need to update it to Windows 10. Will this have some effect on the current version of labview 2012 installed? Thank you.

Govind. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(916 Views)

Most likely.  LabVIEW 2015 SP1 is the first version to officially be supported on Windows 10 (LabVIEW and Microsoft Windows Compatibility).

With that said, I do have older versions of LabVIEW (8.2.1) installed on my Windows 10 machine and it runs fine.  But I only use it in very basic contexts.  You will likely have more issues with drivers than LabVIEW itself.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(888 Views)

@govindsankar wrote:

Hi,

I have a windows question. In my company we have labview 2012 installed in our pc which is Windows 7. But now we need to update it to Windows 10. Will this have some effect on the current version of labview 2012 installed? Thank you.

Govind. 

Whenever I see questions like this the first question I have is:

Why do you need to update it to Windows 10?

I am in firmly planted in the "Don't fix something that is not broken." camp. We have a couple systems that still run Windows 7 and one that still runs Windows XP in our lab.

Why? Why not? They still work just fine.

I understand if it's an actual requirement like some government contractors are required to have a certain level of data security implemented and Windows 10 is required to reach that level. 

But if it's just your IT department or some manager that wants to upgrade everything for no other reason than to "have the latest version", tell them where to go...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(851 Views)