cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wide bars on multi-plot xy graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm fairly new to Labview, and am running into what seems to be a fairly simple problem. In the attached example, I've built two  xy graphs; Graph 1 is a single plot bar chart, and Graph 2 is a multi-plot bar chart. Unfortunately, however, I can't figure out how to get "wide bars" in Graph two. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,743 Views)

You don't have bar charts, but xy graphs (big difference!). Your second graph only has one point per plot. How should it know how far apart the points are for each plot??

If your x-values are equally spaced, use a waveform graph, not an xy graph.

Can you take a step back and explain what you are trying to do? I am sure there is a much easier solution.

Message 2 of 6
(2,735 Views)

Taking advantage of the fact that NaN does not plot, you can define the spacing as follows but I consider this a horrible kludge. I am sure there are much (much!) better way to do what you want to do.

altenbach_0-1591813646989.png

Message 3 of 6
(2,730 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

Thanks for the quick response! I have a waveform chart going right now to collect temperature data over time. In addition to this chart, I'd like to display a bar graph that shows each sensor's immediate temperature reading. Please see the picture attached for better reference. When looking at the picture, my hope is to make a graph like XY Graph, but with the wide bars found in XY Graph 2

I can also attach my VI but, of course, you wont get any data from the sensors I set up.

Thanks again for the help! I'm very open to suggestions if you've got 'em 🙂

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,722 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author s.angles

You are overthingking this. Why not use a cluster of thermometers or other bars?

(You could even customize the digital display of the chart to have an all-in-one solution. Bottom of image. Only one terminal!)

altenbach_0-1591815762800.png

Message 5 of 6
(2,700 Views)

Holy moley! Way better. I knew there'd be an easy way to get this done. Thanks for the warm welcome to the community, altenbach.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,687 Views)