LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a shift in PSD peak (using waveform chart) for a sampling rate of 20 MS/s and samples to read be 200000?

Hello!

I have been applying STFT spectrogram on the real time acquired signal and is willing to plot it's power spectrum and the spectrogram using waveform chart in the front panel in labVIEW. But I have witnessed that my frequency information is getting shifted towards 0 Hz though I expect detected frequency in the order of KHz. The signal carries a frequency of 3 KHz and as per to theory the, for the sampling rate of 20 MS/s and samples to read of 200000, 3 KHz frequency can be easily acquired. 

But why there is a psd peak near 0 Hz and not at in KHz range using waveform chart in labVIEW?  Kindly, clear the doubt. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(540 Views)

Without looking at the data we could only speculate that the signal has more near DC offset than the kHz tone.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(507 Views)