LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is LabVIEW install and uninstall extremely slow?

Maybe you guys could start your own thread 😉 ??  This wasn't about LV 2017 ...

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 36
(1,364 Views)

n my case, I try to install Labview 2018 and it is already 24 hours and still only at 46%... it is not stuck because the % is still increasing. I don't know what they broke with this version, but it is pain in the ass to install from older version. on new system it takes only 45 min.

Both computer has similar hardware. CPU 0% and disk usage 0%... What the hell????

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 36
(1,297 Views)

That makes me scared to even attempt to move to LV2018...

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 36
(1,287 Views)

I am on Day 3 of installation of LV 2018.  I am at 36 of 53 packages.  I remember being at 31 of 53 when I left work 17 hours ago.

Randall Pursley
Message 24 of 36
(1,252 Views)

This thread has been inactive for about three weeks, maybe try starting a new thread to get some more help and see if anyone from the community has seen this installation issue and has a workaround.

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 36
(1,228 Views)

It has been this way for many years without any changes.  Something about the way you organize your installations seems to interact with the antivirus program, which I do not have permissions to turn off on my PC.  Installation is still ongoing.

Randall Pursley
Message 26 of 36
(1,220 Views)

@rpursley8 wrote:

It has been this way for many years without any changes.  Something about the way you organize your installations seems to interact with the antivirus program, which I do not have permissions to turn off on my PC.  Installation is still ongoing.

Most installers (including LabVIEW, I believe) say to turn off your antivirus program to install.  I guess this is why.

It would have been very helpful if you mentioned this at the start.  Is there some kind of white list you have access to?  Maybe you can figure out a way to add the installer and/or its processes to it?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 27 of 36
(1,223 Views)

@instrumentoWhat seems to be the new annoyance is this up to tens of minutes to install a device driver and/or verifying the digital signature.

This could be explained by NI installers trying to reach the internet to verify digital signatures, if the machines where the install is running don't have access to the internet, as in most of our production testers.

Message 28 of 36
(1,208 Views)

Any changes I do make to the antivirus program (McAfee in this case) are changed back within 5 min by our policy management server.  I used to be able to disable the services, but that avenue was blocked a couple years ago.  As I said, this has been an issue for a long time.  I have called NI about at least two other times over the years.  LabVIEW is the only program that exhibits this problem.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 36
(1,196 Views)

The machine is connected to the internet, but it is certainly possible that our firewall is inhibiting things.  I tried disabling the private and public firewalls but cannot disable our domain firewall which I am sure is the pertinent one in this case.  As with the antivirus program, any changes I make to the firewall are changed back within 5 min.

Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 36
(1,197 Views)