LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get duplicate and extra lines from NI-Report subs

When running the Print Anomaly Test VI attached I get a duplicate line and an extra line feed when the subVI is called with 9174. For the 9183 case I get an extra line feed. If I move 9105 to the first Append Report Text call I get neither a duplicate line nor line feed. Why is this happening and how can I correct it?
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,198 Views)
The extra line feeds are being added because they are contained in the string you are sending to the report generation VIs. To remedy the problem you can follow these steps:

1)Open up vpts error code arrays.vi.
2)Right click on any of the strings and select '\' codes display. This will show you all the characters in their code format including line feeds (\n)
3)Delete all of the "\n"s if you don't want them to be there.
4)Save the VI

This problem most likely originated from an inconsistent entering procedure for the strings. Sometimes the return button was probably pressed after entering the string and sometimes it wasn't. Also, it appears someone entered the string twice for 9174 so that is why it is being printed twice.

Matt Kisler
Applications
Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,199 Views)

See attached VI in LV 8.0 using report generation.  It looks to still be an issue 4 years latter.

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,064 Views)