LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are unwanted vi files produced when building executable?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using LabVIEW 9, and when I build an executable, it creates 3 unwanted folders containing a number of .vi files that I don't want to have.  The 3 unwanted folders that are automatically created are:

NI_HTML, NI_report, and NI_Standard Report

Why are these folders with numerous .vi files created automatically, and where is the option to exclude these when building the .exe?  Ok thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian6112

Are you calling any VIs dynamically? If not, try going to the advanced tab of the exe build spec and unselecting 8.x file layout - that should sort your issue out nicely 🙂

(let me know if you want to know why as its a slightly longer explanation)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,079 Views)

I assume this is a executable build description is created in LabVIEW 8.6 (or earlier), look in your LabVIEW 2009 build settings, there should be an option 'Use LabVIEW 8.x build layout'  (or something similar), this is probably checked, please uncheck.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,053 Views)

Well that was easy enough. Thanks a lot guys.  I wasn't calling any VI's dynamically so I knew there had to be a setting somewhere.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,024 Views)

What if you are calling VIs dynamically.  Unchecking that box causes my application to not execute correctly.  Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,738 Views)

Hi Paul,

I believe you can solve this issue by including your VIs in the "Always Included" box while you built your executable. 

I hope this helps.

Example.png

Josh L.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,714 Views)

Hi Josh,

I have been working with Paul G on this and we tried what you suggested but it did not help. The three folders listed above are in the ....vi.lib/Utility/NIReport.llb folder but when we link them to the project and make them "Always Included", they still show up in the Installer!

Any ideas why that might be happening?

Vishal

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,702 Views)

Hi Vishal,

We may not be talking about the same thing.

The original post was about extra files created when the user build an executable. Your post seems to indicate that you are having problems with installers which is a separate issue.

Would you mind going into a little more detail on your issue? As far as I understand it, you need to have the extra files to run the installer.

Josh L.

P.S. I would recommend that you start a new thread. Since this discussion is marked as resolved, you might get more responses in a new thread.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,671 Views)