LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are connections not available

Solved!
Go to solution

I created a new VI as usual, created controls and indicators, wrote code, connected thing to the connector pain, create an icon and saved it. 

I try to use it as a subVI in another program.  It has no connections!  If I mouse over it in my diagram, the context help shows the icon but no connections.  If I mouse over the icon in my diagram with the wiring tool, it doesn't find any connections.  I'm new to LV10 but NOT new to LV. 

If I double click the icon, it opens the VI which shows my connections as expected.  If I click on a connection with the wiring tool, it highlights the correct control or indicator. 

I closed and re-opened LV - no change.  I tried a mass compile of the folder that contains the VI - no change. 

I can't think of anything unique about this VI (well, one of the controls is an enum typeDef which I haven't used much in the past) but other than that, it's just a normal VI. 

I'm stuck - any hints?  Rewriting the VI what I'll try next but that's sub-optimal. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,161 Views)
Correction
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,158 Views)

Hi,

Could you post your VI to see if we reproduce your issue?

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,157 Views)

I'll try again:  Correction.  I'm using LV11, not LV10. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,155 Views)

I don't have LV 11, so I'll not be able to open it if you link it in this version.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,151 Views)

Grrrr

The problem 'magically disappeared'.  To post the VI, I deleted a subVI and removed resulting bad wires but did NOT save it.  I noticed the problem was gone!  I did two undos (one for the bad wires and one for the delete) and the problem was still gone.  The VI does not think it needs to be saved (thinks it's identical to to the current version). 

There's no point posting it now - it works fine.  Hopefully it never happens again

Thanx for taking the time to respond

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,150 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mr_Monday

No problem, do not hesitate to post again if issue comes back, but in this case, probably just restarting LabVIEW should be enough.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,145 Views)